The net was slow so I only get to upload this now. 😀 😀 😀
Halloween is a celebration that is adapted by the Philippines perhaps several years back (I am not really sure). Every time I am asked about how I celebrate it, I cannot give an answer as I have not really celebrated it except by paying a visit to the graves/tombs before or after November 1. November 1 is a holiday for Filipinos and a time to visit their loved ones’ graves.
I took time learning about Halloween. Wikipedia has this to say:
Halloween or Hallowe’en (a contraction of its original title “All Hallow’s Evening”), also known as All Hallows’ Eve, is a yearly holiday observed around the world on October 31, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows. Most scholars believe that All Hallows’ Eve was originally influenced by western European harvest festivals and festivals of the dead with pagan roots, particularly the Celtic Samhain others maintain that it originated independently of Samhain.
Typical festive Halloween activities include trick-or-treating (also known as “guising”), attending costume parties, carving pumpkins into jack-o’-lanterns, lighting bonfires, apple bobbing, visiting haunted attractions, playing pranks, telling scary stories, and watching horror films.
Here are my answers to a meme at Self Sagacity with two (2) questions:
1. What are your favorite things about Halloween?
Well, if the celebration here in the Philippines about the dead is considered as a Halloween thing then it is seeing relatives again. This holiday is like a reunion, too, meeting once again relatives that we have not seen for a long time. There are also food to share, stories to tell, news to bite or not, et al.
2. What was your first experience at a Halloween Party like? (it could be your kids’ or your relative’s)
Honestly, I cannot remembering attending one. 😀
If you want to play this meme, visit Self Sagacity.
That widget can be placed on your post if you decide to participate (just click on it and copy the link . If you do not have a blog, but a social network, you need to follow the rules, no exemption:
Before you link-up,
1) make sure you read the Thursday Two Questions Details Page,
2) you have Two Questions of your own that you posted, or use the Thursday Two Questions from Self Sagacity
3) visit at least two participants and answer their questions – that is how you will create a bond and friendship. Links are monitored & spam will be removed. Thanks for joining us today. (Just click on this link to visit the others.)