Yahoo published this post – Why I Cheated on My Husband. I just finished reading it.
The blog post gathered answers from interviews of different wives that gave equally different reasons why they cheated on their husbands. The post even offered a portion of what one can learn from each individual experience coming from the experts.
While my mind was busy conceiving a possible reason for me if I am in this particular situation and coming to a conclusion that there is no other reason possibly but vengeance, I learned that there are unexpectedly varied reasons:
- The husband was abusive. If my husband is abusing me, I would probably not think of cheating but protecting myself from him. I would definitely assert myself from someone who is controlling. It could become complicated if there will be children but why would I carry a child from someone who is abusive? The matter has to be settled first. More so, if nothing changes, I will not prolong my agony by staying and becoming a martyr.
- The husband and the wife resent each other. Most probably, the husband and the wife realize upon living together that there are still a lot of things not known, or held back for some reasons. After some time, differences surface and become the cause of resentment between the two. In my case, I have to admit that I was kind of surprised to discover the undesirable things about my partner. Until now, there is a list, and they have remained. Did I think of cheating because of these? What I did was to weigh between the good and the bad. The good outweighs the bad, thank God. 😀
- The wife was bored and unhappy. I think this is subjective. What is boring and sad for some may not be for others, or maybe interesting for others. I can get bored with a boring sex life most probably. I can get bored if I am not allowed to be myself, and do the things I wanted to do. I can be bored not having freedom. But hey, this can be fixed. It is not as complicated as ciphering a mathematical equation.
- The husband was a workaholic. I understand that there is a need for a husband to provide but I will never understand having work more important than the wife. There always has to be balance in everything. This is akin to a husband having an affair only that he is having it w
ith work. Lame reason for saying this is for the future of the family. I will definitely have him choose. he he >D
- The husband was unfaithful first. Like the wife that was interviewed, if my patience was tried and I was inflamed, I could do something as evil as cheating, in revenge. It would not even be about validation. It is a scary thought especially if there are children. But most likely when the anger ebbed, I will come to my senses and realize that another wrong could not make a wrong right (I am sorry, Almighty, for thinking about revenge).
So, there goes my rant, err, my review of the blog post. I was not carried away, was I? 😀 I wasn’t, I was just trying to be candid. (I hope that The Maker was not disappointed.)
- Love Letters: Is she emotionally cheating?
- Why Women Cheat On Their Husbands
- Should Wives Be Grateful For Husbands Who Don’t Cheat?