You have these advantages:
- You will be thankful for being reunited with your long lost friends and relatives.
- You get news and updates from your listed friends.
- You obtain connections.
- You can choose the degree of privacy for your account and your photos.
- You can promote your blog posts, articles and photos.
- You can vent and rant anytime.
- You can have the chance to participate in memes, discussions, photosharing.
- You get to play Farmville, Cafeworld, etc.
- You can get freebies, sale items like personalized gifts for dad, bags, shoes, dresses, etc.
You have these disadvantages:
- You get photo tags although you are not there in the set of pictures.
- You get unending invites to join Farmville, Cafe World, etc. even though you already posted something like ‘please do not send me invites’.
- You get funny, insensible and irrelevant remarks.
- You get spams.
- You will, at one point, be a green-eyed monster.
- You will be ignored by some friends (and you thought they are your friends!) with your friend requests.
- You will feel guilty not to accept a friend request though you do not know the person and you will end up accepting.
What else did I miss? You can share it here.